Besides a home, cars are our most valuable assets, but they sometimes get dinged or damaged. It is important to get your car repaired quickly and properly whenever there are any issues. This will ensure you get the maximum life out of your vehicle and enjoy a smooth ride for as long as possible.
If your car does need repairs, here are six important questions to ask any body shop you are considering.
- How long have you been in business? Though length of time in business does not guarantee that a shop is reputable and honest, it can give you a good idea about their professionalism and honesty. You can also look online for reviews and get a better picture of how long they have been around and what others think about them
- Do you specialize in a particular make? Most auto body shops work on all makes and models. However, some shops specialize in certain makes. You may want to take yours to a shop that specializes in your type of vehicle.
- Will you work with my insurance company? Though not only repairs will require that you file a claim, it is still good to know if an auto body shop is willing to work with your insurance company. Even if you are not claiming these repairs, it is useful information for future repairs.
- Do you offer a courtesy car or a ride? If your car is going to be in the shop for an extended period of time, you may want to ask about a loaner car. If you are not able to get one from your insurance policy, this might be a needed convenience. If you don’t need a courtesy car, you may need a ride home. Many shops focus on customer satisfaction and may offer this helpful service.
- Do you use factory quality parts? It is helpful to ask about the type of parts they use. This may be written on the estimate, but you should also inquire about it so there are no misunderstandings.
- Do you offer warranties on the parts and your work? This might be the most important question to ask. Reputable shops should offer guarantees on their work. You should always make sure to get this in writing.
If you can always remember these six questions when dealing with an auto body repair shop, you will be more likely to have a great experience and get your car returned to you in pre-accident condition.
Jennifer Greenfield is a writer in the auto body repair business. For more information on
http://www.finalfinishcc.com/”>Final Finish Collision Centers, visit