Posted by Kai Hall in Uncategorized on
Do you want your car to be running in top-notch condition? Below are given a few car maintenance tips which you can perform yourself. Follow these suggestions diligently if you want your car to run smoothly and not give you any problems.
1. Engine oil – Oil is a lubricant which reduces friction between parts of the engine. It also assists in heat dispersion. Engine oil absorbs heat that is produced in the engine combustion chambers, thus preventing overheating. Oil also prevents rusting, corrosion and damage of essential engine parts. Since oil is so important for the healthy functioning of the engine, you should take care to regularly check the oil level. Remember to top up with the correct grade of oil as specified by the manufacturer. Do not exceed the maximum recommended level when topping up.
2. Tyres – Tyre care is also essential for vehicle safety. Correctly maintained tyres can improve mileage and extend the tyre life. Correctly maintained tyres are important for vehicle safety while driving at higher speeds on highways. Regularly check tyre inflation, specially when going on long drives. Also make sure wheel alignment is perfect. Vibrations in the steering can indicate problem with tyre balancing.
3. Battery – You can take simple steps to ensure the car battery is in good condition as it is a key component of the car’s electrical system. Faulty batteries can lead to car breakdowns. Make it a habit to regularly check the battery terminals to make sure they are clean and tight. Check the battery electrolyte level. If topping up is needed, use only distilled water. Consider replacing the battery if it has not been replaced in 3-5 years as sometimes batteries can fail suddenly without any prior warning.
4. Brakes – You have to be extra careful about keeping the breaks of your car in good condition as they are vital for safety. Be on the lookout for squealing sounds or unusual vibrations whenever you apply brakes while driving. If you encounter such problems, get the brakes checked immediately at a service station. They may need to be replaced. Ensure the brake fluid is full and only use recommended brake fluid for your vehicle.
5. Lights – Check the lights regularly to make sure they are working properly. Lights are important for vehicle safety while driving at night. You should also check other electrical components like horns and window demisters regularly to ensure proper functioning.
6. Cooling system – Never underestimate the importance of the car’s cooling system. Check the coolant regularly and only use recommended coolant for your car. Inspect the cooling system only when the engine is cold. Do not remove the radiator cap while the engine is hot. If the cooling system needs regular refilling there could be a leak in the system.
Visit our website and check out our innovative product –
http://www.fliptheplate.com/”>stealth license plate.