Posted by Kai Hall in Uncategorized on
It all starts with a little chip in the windshield – it can be caused by a little pebble that fell out of a truck carrying gravel. Or, you got to your car one morning, and you see that tiny harmless crack.
Usually, most people don’t rush of to the auto shop to get this fixed. Yet, as time goes by, especially with severe temperature changes and wind pressure, the crack will grow, and you’ll be at risk of breaking the windshield.
This being said, the best way to avoid dire consequences, is to repair it – still not convinced? Take a look at these 5 reasons.
• Save a buck or two: The first reason to choose windshield repair instead of replacement, is what you save. Usually, to repair your windshield costs you $200 less than replacing it entirely. Some auto companies even accept your car insurance, making this free of cost for you.
But the only way to know what’s the best solution for you is to take your car into the auto shop and wait for a verdict.
• Don’t waste time: Most repairs only last about 20 minutes, and a whole replacement takes up to an entire day. Also, it keeps your car fit and it enhances the quality of the service and the value of your own car is also increased. It extends the life of the vehicle too.
By doing this as soon as your car has trouble, you avoid future troubles – a chip won’t have the chance of becoming a crack and putting your life in danger if it isn’t there.
• Be kind to the environment: Your windshield is made of glass, and when you replace it, it’s all taken out and thrown away to a dump or some other disposal service. This type of glass can’t be recycled, and if you repair it instead of replacing it, you’ll be doing the environment a solid.
• Give your car a treat: When you replace an entire windshield, sometimes it’s not inserted correctly. By not doing so, it exposes your car to leaks. This brings on rust and mold, making your car have more problems than it bargained for.
By repairing the windshield, you’re guaranteeing the car’s health
• Keep yourself safe: By keeping your original windshield, you’ll be safer than in other circumstances. The reason for this is simple: the original windshield ensures a proper seal from the windshield manufacturer to the frame of the car. This is great news because it will be less likely to have an ejection in an accident. Also, it will be a good protection and work as a roof in case the car rolls over.
Service Plus Automotive is a family owned business since 1991. We are focused on providing the best possible customer service experience when servicing or repairing a customers vehicle. We strongly believe in customer education and regularly show the customer what needs repairing. We are very involved in various community activities and believe in giving back to the community who has supported us for almost 20 years. For more information, go to